What is speed dating? Speed dating entails a group of singles meeting at a selected venue with a nametag. They are randomly paired and the date begins. A specific time is set for the date and the participants converse till the bell rings where the men proceed to the next lady. The ladies are required to remain at their tables.
Participants mark on their cards if they are interested in meeting their date for a second time. If they are matched then participants can consider speed dating success.
Is speed dating for me?
If you are stuck wondering whether speed dating is something you should give a try then here are the questions you should ask yourself.
- Are you interested in meeting someone but you have no idea how and where?
- Are you tired of second-guessing whether people are really serious with online dating, and are constantly pondering whether you will ever meet face to face?
- Are you always busy with work and spend countless hours in front of the screens searching through countless profiles and responding to numerous emails and messages?
- Do you hate the anonymity of the internet and prefer the thrill of meeting people face to face?
- Are you intrigued by the possibility of meeting a soulmate by total coincidence?
If these questions factor into your preferences then Speed Dating by Naturally Dating is perfect for you.
How it works?
The idea is easy, an equal number of suitors both single men and women of the same age range are congregated together for some hours. Designated times are set and with the women seated the men have to rotate around the tables trying to establish the perfect connection.
The parties then keep track of the partners they would like to know further and once a connection is established between the two parties and they choose each other then the organizers provide the contact information and the decision thereafter is left to them.
How to make it an enjoyable experience
- Make sure to arrive early, after the event, stay a little longer to mingle, you might not know you might strike a connection with the most unlikely of persons.
- Assume the insecurities you might be having and put your focus on your date and not on the impression you are making.
- Tone down on the humor, just be yourself and try to get to know the personality of the person you are talking to. Time is limited so make the most of it.
- Do not talk about other attendees as this may be a turnoff. Stick to positive remarks and at all costs avoid being sarcastic.
- Always follow up when matched. You might be surprised how compatible you are with someone after few interactions with them.
Do not mind the stereotypes going around, you have nothing to lose when you give speed dating a try. Book yourself a session and see what the buzz is all about.